Move your mouse pointer over the name of DEP or a water management district to see that agency’s region of responsibility. Click on an agency’s name to be taken to its permitting website.
* This portal has been updated to incorporate changes resulting from the recently implemented Statewide ERP rules, and can now accept most ERP applications to DEP or the water management districts.
Welcome to the permitting portal for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) and Florida’s water management districts. This portal provides links to information about water resource permitting in Florida, and links to DEP and the water management districts to:
- Apply for permits and other authorizations, including:
- Environmental Resource Permits *
(and authorizations to use state-owned submerged lands, where applicable)
- Consumptive and Water Use Permits
- Well Construction Permits
- Works of the District Permits
- Submit monitoring reports and other compliance documentation
- Search for information regarding existing permits and applications
- Find program and contact information
DEP and the water management districts issue a variety of permits to manage and protect Florida’s water resources. These resources include wetlands, rivers, streams, lakes, ponds, estuaries, coastal systems, springs, groundwater and surface water supplies.
Authorizations may be needed for activities including construction or abandonment of wells and systems, large volume water usage, development or new construction, stormwater management and wastewater discharges and activities in, on or near wetlands and other water resources.
Not sure which water management district you’re in?
Enter your Florida street address and city or zip code,
then click “Locate District” to find out.